The mother of a 6-year-old Oklahoma City boy who developed near fatal botulism poisoning after he was injected with Botox reached a confidential settlement with Allergan Inc. during trial.
The law suit against the Botox manufacturer alleged that Jackson Wells was left unable to breath and was saved only by a ventilator after his physician injected him with Botox to treat spasticity in his legs.
Botox is a blockbuster pharmaceutical product that generated more than $1.7 billion in sales for Allergan last year, and sales are predicted to jump to as much as $2 billion this year, Bloomberg News reports.
The case, Wells v. Allergan Inc., CIV-12-973-C, was tried in the U.S. District Court, Western District of Oklahoma (Oklahoma City).
Our firm is investigating Botox claims. If you or someone you know has developed botulism after receiving Botox, call Sheller P.C. at (800) 883-2299 to discuss your legal rights.
The Legal Examiner and our Affiliate Network strive to be the place you look to for news, context, and more, wherever your life intersects with the law.