General Electric recalled 92,000 combination wall and microwave ovens after at least 35 incidents of fire that damaged property, the company and the Consumer Product Safety Commission said Wednesday.
According to a Yahoo News article yesterday, the door switch in the microwave oven can overheat and ignite plastic components in the appliance, the company said.
The lower thermal oven does not pose a hazard and no injuries have been reported, according to the commission.
Department and appliance stores sold the ovens between January 2000 to December 2003.
For more information on this subject, please refer to the section on Defective and Dangerous Products.
The Legal Examiner and our Affiliate Network strive to be the place you look to for news, context, and more, wherever your life intersects with the law.