The Legal Examiner Affiliate Network The Legal Examiner The Legal Examiner The Legal Examiner search instagram avvo phone envelope checkmark mail-reply spinner error close The Legal Examiner The Legal Examiner The Legal Examiner
Skip to main content

There have been over 70,000 Houston and Galveston area insurance claims filed related to property damage as a result of Hurricane Ike. These claims vary in degree; from some who may need a new roof, and others who may have more catastrophic damages to their property. Unfortunately, many of these individuals will not receive the money that they are entitled to from their insurance provider. If your claim has been denied or you feel that your insurance company has underpaid your claim, there is help available.

Public adjusters and attorneys may be able to help you recover money for losses that were originally denied or underpaid by your insurer.

The difference between a public adjuster and the insurance adjuster that is sent out by the insurance company to estimate the damages to your property, is that the public adjuster works for you. The role of a public adjuster is to represent you in your property insurance claim. Public adjusters offer policyholders the same resources that an insurance company has at their disposal.

You have the right to hire a public adjuster to come in, assess the damage and sort through the paperwork and red tape to help you file your claim. An insurance policy can be a difficult legal document to decipher. A public adjuster knows how to sort through the countless lines of confusing jargon and industry terminology to maximize your settlement.

Often time’s local law firms work closely with public adjusters to provide comprehensive representation for victims of “bad faith” insurance claims.

You can learn more about the use of public adjusters by visiting the National Association of Public Insurance Adjusters website.

Insurance companies have adjusters and attorneys working on their side why shouldn’t you. By filling out the form on this page you can contact a local attorney that may be able help you with your insurance claim.

Comments for this article are closed.