On March 30, the Consumer Product Safety Commission announced a recall of the Magnetix toys. These building sets include magnets that come loose and can seriously injure and even kill children. A 22-month-old Redmond boy accidentally swallowed the magnets, which twisted his small intestine and created a blockage. He died in November. Several other children have suffered serious injuries, requiring surgery and hospitalization.
The families of these children should contact a personal injury attorney regarding their claims. For more information, please see: Redmond child’s death helps spur recall of toy.
The Legal Examiner and our Affiliate Network strive to be the place you look to for news, context, and more, wherever your life intersects with the law.